Speeding taxi kills airport cargo staff in Hyderabad

 Telangana | Written by : Suryaa Desk Updated: Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 05:39 PM

Hyderabad: A man working at the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport was found dead on the road at Shamshabad late on Tuesday night. The person was reportedly dragged for at least three km from where his bike met with a road accident, said the Shamshabad police, who registered a case to identify the cause of death.

According to the police, the motorists who were travelling towards the outer ring road toll-gate at Shamshabad noticed a cab (TS 10 UB 6799) was dragging a man along with it and alerted the driver. The cab driver saw the body of a man and was shocked and he escaped from the spot abandoning the cab.

The motorists alerted the police and a team reached the toll-gate area and identified the deceased person as Kommy Yadaiah, 45. He was working as a Cargo assistant at the RGI Airport and was a resident of Nandipally village in Maheshwaram mandal.

The road leading to the airport was inspected by a team which found the bike (AP 29 BC 3168) of Yadaiah on the road in a damaged condition, said the police.

Shamshabad inspector R Venkatesh said that the body of Yadaiah was dragged by the cab for at least three km from where his bike met with an accident. “We have verified the footage of the CCTV cameras installed in the route and the video was unclear due to the heavy rain at the time of the accident,” said the inspector.

The driver of the cab, which dragged the body to the toll-gate has been identified and is being questioned. “It is still unclear whether the same cab has hit Yadaiah’s bike and he got stuck to the vehicle, or he was hit by another vehicle,” he said.

The inspector added that it was rumoured that Yadaiah’s shirt got stuck in the door and he was dragged, which was found to be not true. “Our teams are on the job to ascertain the facts of the incident. A case has been registered under section 304 A of IPC and the body was shifted to Osmania General Hospital mortuary for the postmortem examination,” said inspector Venkatesh.